The construction was designed by the architect Heinrich Mandix, in the reform style with baroque and classical appeal. At the opening in 1910 it was one of the largest hotels in Europe and at that time was the largest hotel in Germany. With running water, electricity and telephone connections in every room, it had one of the most high-tech equipment for that time. Pioneering technology were also the car garage and the hydraulic lifts.From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The building was destroyed partially during World War II and now is a listed building. A lot of the old-style elements are preserved in the original.